Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm the Mac Daddy, y'all

"Mac" in this case standing for "Macaroon", of course. For my Valentine's Day Crafternooon Tea I'm going to make different kinds of macaroons, to serve as ladylike bites, as well as my contribution to the  treats that travel for our "goodie bags", which will really be boxes that we decorate filled with cookies that we can bring back to our Valentines. Aren't they so pretty? Like a plate full of jewels.

source

 So far I'm thinking about doing:

  • Dark Chocolate and Rasberry
  • Strawberry and Vanilla
  • Chocolate and Peppermint 
I've never made them before so here's hoping they turn out! Any suggestions for flavor combinations or tips on how not to screw them up???

xo,


2 comments:

  1. Found this!
    http://www.grouprecipes.com/63201/laduree-style-macaroons.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a recipe book but been to chicken shit to try yet have you? I hear they are not the easy to make.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!