Friday, February 4, 2011

"They Had Blood Banks in the Analogue Realm?" ( Book Page Wreath Tutorial)



Evidently so. The titillating excerpt from above is why I had no problem turning my dollar store copy of "The Ninth Talisman" into this: 


Armed with a hot glue gun, wreath form (the flat kind) and a copy of the "The Ninth Talisman, I single-handedly battled hot glue gun burns, interruptions, a husband who thought his wife had gone off the deep end (for reals this time) to take someone else's work of art (and I use the term loosely) and make it my own. Who knew crumpled up bits of paper could look soooo good?

Here's what I did:
I folded the single pages like this:


And this

And this
Because having some different folds adds texture and dimension. And then just glued them in place.

Then it started to look like this:


Ha! Yes! It worked!

There she is again, just for fun. Oh, you might be wondering about the "L-O-V-E", well, I put some white cardstock in tea to age it, then cut it out with a ruffle-edged scissor, and then hot glued it to some thread. I'm totes going to change it out for St. Patty's Day.

Happy Friday!!
xoxo



5 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with this-- it's so, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, guys!! It's super easy to make and once you get into your rhythm it takes no time at all! My favorite part is that you can switch out the sayings to make it seasonal.

    Thanks for taking the time to comment!

    xo,
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it. This was one of my favorite to make. Here's mine http://jandjhome.blogspot.com/2010/11/diy-book-page-wreath.html

    By the way, the Faith Farm Thrift store is having their huge sale this weekend. Look them up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just gave you the stylish blogger award!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!