Monday, March 7, 2011

Sew What?

I think I want to get a sewing machine. I want to make all kinds of cool shizz like pillows. Yes! Pillows with ZIPPERS!  Also, I may wish to make dog bed for the kiddos (who are actually dogs. I don't make my nonexistent human children sleep in a dog bed). I am appealing to you crafty chicas out there to give me some feedback if you have any! 

I'm thinking about purchasing this dude here: 


At almost $90, its an investment, but I think you get what you pay for with this type of stuff. What do you think? Any other models/ brands I should look at? 

xo,

4 comments:

  1. Let me know what you find out. I'm kind of interested in getting one. I just don't have the space for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a refurbished one on Overstock....Singer 7000's series and I love it....it was $110!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cant remember how much mine was (got it in college) but its a Bernina and came majorly recommended. It's sewn all sorts of nifty things for me :) Quality is super important if you're doing upholstery work since the machine has to be able to handle super thick fabric doubled up on itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good call, you guys. I bought this one but I think I may return it since I just assumed that it would be good for heavy fabrics, but after ready reviews it said nothing about upholstery work (which is what I would mostly be using it for).

    Hrm....

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! I'd love to hear from you!